Do I need a Yahoo! email address to use Freegive Yahoo! Recycling Groups? No, you can use any email address you'd like. Although if you want to use the Yahoogroups website, you will need a Yahoo ID.
Find a group near you by going to our website, http://www.freegive.co.uk
and click the "Groups" link in the top menu and follow the online instructions.
Please note that the below email address can be found on the right side of the Yahoo home page of the group, in a section called ‘Group Email Addresses.’
send a blank email to: email@example.com
When you receive the email asking you to confirm your subscription click on the link provided. This will take you to a webpage.
Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click where it says: "join the mailing list only"
Make sure to replace "groupname" with the actual name of the group (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
Example of joining Lambeth Freegive Group without Yahoo ID
- If you want to join Lambeth Freegive Group without Yahoo email address.
- Send a blank email to: email@example.com
- When you receive the email asking you to confirm your subscription click on the link provided.
- You need to be subscribed to a Lambeth Freegive Group before you can post a message.
This will let you receive the messages on the list as emails, as well as give you the ability to post messages to the list via email;
on the other hand you will not have the ability to visit the Yahoo group page and see the messages online or modify your
group preferences via the web interface.
You will still be able to do these things through email (links are provided at the end of each message you will receive,
and will allow you most of the controls you need such as changing the delivery as well as unsubscribing from the group).
Here are some useful Yahoo group email operations
- To join a group, send a blank message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To unsubscribe from a group, send a blank message to: email@example.com
- To post a message to a group, send your message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To post a message to a group's owners and moderators, send a message to: email@example.com
- To receive general help information, send a blank message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To put the group’s email message delivery on hold, send a blank message to: email@example.com
- To change your subscription to daily digest mode, send a blank message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To change your subscription to individual emails from the group, send a blank message to: email@example.com
Make sure to replace "groupname" with the actual name of the group (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
Freegive Yahoo Group FAQs
Frequently asked questions about Freegive Yahoo recycling group.
Find out more »