Learning whatís allowed can help you avoid breaking the rules and help everyone have a great experience. These will help you understand what rules apply to your ad. If you do break Freegive rules, we will remove your ad, so please take the time to check them first.
General Posting Rules
When posting on Freegive, there are certain criteria your advert must meet.
We reserve the right to remove any adverts that we feel are not relevant or of any value to the Freegive community, with or without notice.
We reserve the right to remove ads without refund if we feel that our rules or terms and conditions are regularly or deliberately breached.
Given the rules that we have around the use of our site we advise that users should be over 18 to use our website.
In the interests of everyone else, people who regularly break our posting rules may find their future use of the site restricted.
Freegive Posting Rules
The rules mentioned hereunder are applicable to all adverts in all categories.Reasons why we may delete your advert:
- There is a phone number in the advert title or description.
- There is an e-mail address in the advert title or description.
- A photograph has contact details in it.
- There is a URL link in the advert title or description.
- Lying about your location.
- Post on the Freegive site that is geographically closest to you.
- Use your own location for your advert. This will show buyers where they need to travel to pick up their item.
- Post in the category that most closely matches your advert.
- Being accurate with your category will help you get more views and more exposure.
- Write in English in all of your adverts.
- Do not use adult/bad language in your adverts.
- The more information you provide about your item/service/job/property/etc, the more accurate the response.
- Avoid users wasting your time by asking you questions about information you could have provided in the description.
Freegive Sponsored And Free Ads Directory
Free Ads: We accept users from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States (USA) only. Post your free ad now.
Note: If you are not from any of the country listed above, please do not submit your advert. We do not accept ads submitted outside the countries listed above. If you do not follow these rules, your advert will be deleted immediately without notice.
Sponsored Ads: We accept users from all over the world. Freegive sponsored ads are an excellent way to gain brand exposure and attract qualified visitors to your website. Post your sponsored ad now.
Things That Are Not Allowed On Freegive
No Duplicate Adverts:
- Multiple adverts for the same thing are not allowed on Freegive. You are allowed one advert per item.
- Only advertise one item/set per advert. Keep it simple.
- Do not use language in your advert which may suggest that you are affiliated with Freegive.Title and Description:
- Do not put your phone number or your email address in the title of your ad or in the description fields.
- A phone number and email address is allowed in the sponsored ad description only.
- There are specific fields to enter this information, which improves the experience for users and increases your response rate.Website Links:
- Do not put your website in the title or description of your ad.
- We do not allow adult websites linked in this field.
- Freegive is a local site and we like to keep things friendly.
- We do not allow you to use discrimination terms, either offensively or generally.
- For more information on how to avoid discrimination terms in your advert, click here.
- Photos should be relevant to the item you describe in your ad.
- Do not put phone numbers, e-mail addresses or website links into photographs or attachments.
- Do not put irrelevant words or phrases in your title or description.
- Keyword Spamming wastes time for everybody, and we will remove any adverts containing spam.
Items not Allowed on Freegive
There are certain items that we do not allow to be sold or sought for purchase on Freegive. The reasons for this are that some items are prohibited by laws in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, safety reasons, or because we listened to general feedback from people who use Freegive.Items not Allowed:
Adult Only Items:
- Adult Entertainment
- Enhancing Drugs
- Sex Toys
- Counterfeit, unauthorised replicas and unauthorised copies are not allowed.
- Copies include (but are not limited to): pirated copies, duplicated items, backed-up or bootlegged.
- If the item you are selling bears the name/logo of a company, but was not made or endorsed by that company, do not post it on Freegive.
- Drugs banned under legislation.
- Prescription Drugs (incl. over the counter items).
- Items for the sole use to consume drugs.
- Legal Highs.
- Air Guns.
- Replica Guns and Silencers.
- Paintball Guns or their ammunition.
- This includes fireworks available in high-street stores.Football Tickets:
- It is illegal to re-sell tickets to professional football matches occurring in England & Wales, or matches involving England or Wales.
- Freegive does not allow tickets for FIFA, Scottish, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland football matches.
- Contact the FA or relevant club directly for information on exchange options available.
- Donor / Surrogacy / Fertility Services.
- Due to laws in the UK & Republic of Ireland, lottery tickets are not allowed.Parking Permits:
- Your local council issues permits which are not for re-sell.
- Contact your local council should you wish to pass on your own pass or your visitor permits on.
- We do not allow the sale of bulk emails / Internet Protocol (IP) / Instant Messenger (IM), or Mailing Lists which contain names / addresses / phone numbers / other personal identifying information.
- Tools or Software designed predominantly to send unsolicited commercial messages (UCE or Ďspamí).
- Due to legislation specifics, we do not allow the sale of Red Diesel.Stolen Items:
- The sale of stolen property is strictly prohibited and we will do everything we can to support the police in bringing about the successful conviction of any offenders.
- For similar reasons, we do not allow the sale of Blocked Phones or No Signal Phones.
- Cigarettes / Cigars / Loose Tobacco.
- Bongs / Water Pipes.
- It is illegal to re-sell rail tickets in the UK (including Eurostar Tickets & local travel cards), unless youíre an official distributor.
- Coach tickets.
- Contact the relevant coach/rail carriers directly for information on exchange options available.
- Briefs / Knickers / Thongs / Boxer Shorts / Nappies / etc.Weapons and Knives:
- Safety Concerns as well as National Laws mean that no weapons or knives can be sold on Freegive.
- Chef and Kitchen Knives.
- Crossbows and Archery Sets.
- Historical and Ornamental Weapons (like Samurai Swords and WWI Bayonets).
- Knives as a part of cutlery sets are allowed.
NOTE: We also reserve the right to remove any adverts that we feel arenít fitting to the Freegive Site.
Freegive Yahoo Recycling Group Rules
Note: Some of our recycling groups are hosted on our website and some are hosted on the yahoo group website. Learn more.
You agree to act responsibly and to treat other users with respect. Users also must not use the group to harass or abuse other users. Individuals who have demonstrably harassed other individuals may be banned from the group. It's all about treating other users with respect.Keep It Appropriate For All Ages:
No pornography, no politics, no spam, no money, no personal attacks, no religion, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, no counterfeit items, no stolen property, no police-related items, no firearms or other weapons etc.
Users that break the group rules will be banned from the group after two strikes. This is our main Freegive rule to live by and it's a pretty easy one at that.
Please keep your message subject or title lines simple. All messages will be either an Offer or a Wanted, then say what your item is (e.g sofa, television etc.), and end with your location. Other group members want to know where you are before they give you something for free or ask for something. Remember: OFFER or WANTED : Item (Location)
Please describe your items honestly in the main body of your message.
- OFFER: computer (Your General Location)
- TAKEN: computer (Used in conjunction with Offer)
- WANTED: computer, any condition. (Your General Location)
- RECEIVED: computer (Used in response to Wanted)
Is your item OFFER, TAKEN, WANTED, or RECEIVED?
- When making an offer, write "offer" in the subject line first.
- Don't put your phone number in it or it will ring off the hook.
- Ask individuals to email you with their phone number.
- It's a first-come, serve type of thing.
- Once your item is gone, make another posting that says it's gone.
- Always state what area you live in. People need to know whether they have the means to get to your place to pick up the item.
- Subject: OFFERED: HP Printer, Model F2180 (London, CR0).
- Text/Body: (Please describe your item) - Good condition HP Printer, model F2180 - Will probably need new cartridges to make it work but I don't think it's a big problem. Let me know if interested.
Please be considerate Ė turn up to collect when you say you will or call before the agreed time to re-arrange if you have to change your plans.Safety:
Be aware! It is up to each individual member of Freegive group when arranging for pickup of the item being given away to be appropriately aware of the potential risk of having "a stranger" come to your home to pick something up. Freegive as a organisation assumes no responsibility for this risk. You may want to arrange to meet in a public place or leave the item on the front porch without mentioning whether or not you will be home at the time of pickup. Please think carefully before giving out personal information like your phone number or address on the group list.Arrange Pick Up:
Arrange as you like. Generally, you'll wait until you get a handful of responses or maybe overnight, and then you can pick whomever you like! That's half the fun. I always ask that people consider giving your starving local charity preference if one should respond. Arrange pickup with one person only, rather than "it's on the porch, whoever gets here first gets it." Otherwise you'll become unpopular pretty fast with your fellow Freegive group members. Also, only give your phone number to one person at a time or ask for the recipient's phone no. Otherwise you'll get swamped with phone calls.Don't Do This:
- Please donít ask for or offer money for stuff. Everything posted must be completely free.
- Please donít ask to borrow or swap items.
- Please don't send spam. Respect the groups and your fellow members email addresses. If you spam Freegive groups you risk being banned.
Be polite in your messages to other group members. If something happens you object to, please email your group moderators. Donít forget that if you donít tell your group moderators that something is going wrong, then theyíll find it hard to help.