How do I post an item to Freegive Yahoo recycling group?
There are two ways to post messages to a group: Posting via the group's site on the web and posting to the group via email.
Posting via the web - Post an item from the yahoo! group website
- After you've signed in, go to the Freegive Yahoo group you wish to post to.
- On your group's main page, click Conversations.
- Click New Topic.
- Enter your message content.
- Click Send.
Posting via the email - Post an item by sending an email
The above email address can be found by simply scroll down to the bottom of your local Freegive Yahoo recycling group home page at Yahoo group website, in a section called "Group Email Addresses". Make sure to replace "groupname" with the actual name of the group (e.g., email@example.com).
- Open a new email message.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the "To:" field.
Note: Replace groupname in the address with the actual group name.
- Enter your message content into the email body.
- Send your email to submit your post.
Note: You may only post to groups you've joined, and only from email addresses registered with Yahoo Groups. All messages must be smaller than 15 MB in size (including attachments). If you receive a failure notice, verify that you are using the correct email address and try again.
Example of posting an offered item to Lambeth Freegive at Yahoo group site
• By logging into Lambeth Freegive Group at Yahoo Group website, click conversations then click New Topic button. The post message form like the one below should appear.
Note: Messages will be rejected if the below format is not followed.
- When making an offer, write "offer or offered" in the subject line first.
- Don't put your phone number in it or it will ring off the hook.
- Ask individuals to email you with their phone number.
- It's a first-come, serve type of thing.
- Once your item is gone, post another item TAKEN message to the group that says it's gone.
- Always state what area you live in. People need to know whether they have the
means to get to your place to pick up the item. (Please do not put your full
- If you need an item you can request one on your local freegive yahoo recycling group
in the same way by posting an item WANTED message to the group and if someone
has what you're looking for they will contact you to offer it.
• ( Is your item OFFER, TAKEN, WANTED, or RECEIVED? ) - For example: OFFER
• ( Subject: ) - OFFERED: HP Printer, Model F2180 (Brixton Road, London, SW9)
• ( Text/Body: Please describe your item: ) - Good condition HP Printer, model F2180 - Will probably need new cartridges to make it work but I don't think it's a big problem. Let me know if interested.
Your (OFFERED) message will appear like this:
• OFFERED: HP Printer, Model F2180 (Brixton Road, London, SW9)
• Good condition HP Printer, model F2180 - Will probably need new cartridges to
make it work but I don't think it's a big problem. Let me know if interested.
Your (WANTED) message will appear like this:
• WANTED: HP Printer, Model F2180 (Brixton Road, London, SW9)
• Hi I am looking for HP Printer, Model F2180 for my internet. If you have one
that you want to give away please let me know thanks.
Your (TAKEN) message will appear like this:
• TAKEN: HP Printer, Model F2180 (Brixton Road, London, SW9)
• Thanks for the interest. These item have now gone.
Your (RECEIVED) message will appear like this:
• RECEIVED: HP Printer, Model F2180
• Thanks very much to everyone who replied and offered HP Printer, Model F2180,
but I have one now. I am very happy!
Freegive Yahoo Group FAQs
Frequently asked questions about Freegive Yahoo recycling group.